Centennial Place is a first class recreation facility to allow residents of Hanna to enjoy quality of life that includes active and positive activities. The building was designed to harmonize with the open air and open fields all around us by bringing the colours of heritage green, stone, wheat, earth and sage into the building. During visioning sessions, the people of the community asked for an open, airy, and welcoming facility, so the design incorporated lots of natural light to make it bright, welcoming and warm. The multi-faceted building provides space for activities and programs for all ages by encompassing dance studios, fitness room, walking track, field house, pre-school and youth rooms.
There was care taken in terms of designing the dance studios so that the natural light would enhance and inspire the dancers. Our very compact fitness center provides the basics for a complete workout and the fact that it’s associated to the walking track and the field house allows for 24/7 access to those facilities. We are pleased to have Kiddies Korner, a certified Province of Alberta pre-school program, as a tenant within the facility. This space is shared by Golden Prairie Parent Link, another provider of quality community programs for children.
Centennial Place is used by over 200 people a day, whether they are attending Kiddie’s Korner, using the fitness center or walking track, participating in dance, community band or registered Town programs. Special event programs such as yoga, zumba dance, after school activities, adult and youth recreation nights, volleyball, basketball or pickleball are provided to encourage community members to get out and get active.
Rates & Fees
GST will be added where applicable
(Age 14 & under are GST exempt. Age 15 & over add GST)
|2019 Rates & Fees|
|Drop In Admission (Field House)||Punch Card|
|Youth (6-17 years)||$2.25||12 for price of 10|
|Adult (18-64 years)||$5.50||Youth||$22.50|
|Senior (65+ years)||$4.50||Adult||$55.00|
|Fitness Centre||$10.00||Fitness Centre||$100.00|
|Bronze Access (Annual Pass)||Gold Access3 (Annual Pass)|
|Silver Access3 (Annual Pass)||Platinum Access3 (Annual Pass)|
|Fitness Trainer Pass4 (Annual Pass)||$200.00|
|1. Family must include one adult and the children must be from the adult’s family.
2. No GST
3. Pre-authorized payment plan is available.
4. Trainer must have Gold or Platinum Access and current accreditation as a Fitness Trainer.
|Free: During regular facility operating hours.
9:00am – 9:00pm Monday – Friday
1:00pm – 8:00pm Saturdays
1:00pm – 6:00pm Sundays & Holidays
The walking track is available outside the above hours with the purchase of Silver, Gold or Platinum access.
|Room Rates (Add GST for all rentals)|
|Field House Youth/Family||$45.00/hr||Music/Youth Room
|Field House Adult||$72.00/hr||Music/Youth Room Adult||$45.00/hr|
|Bounce House (Includes supervisor)||$120.00/2 hr||Kitchen/Coffee Room||$33.00/day|
|additional hours after the first two||$60.00/hr||in conjunction with a booking|
A full refund, less an administration fee, will be issued if the renter cancels 7 days prior to the date of the event. Refunds will be issued by cheque from the Town Office and will be sent by mail within three weeks.
Administration Fee for rentals under $500 is $10.00
Administration Fee for rentals over $500 is $50.00
Access Pass fees will be refunded on a prorated basis, less a $50 administration fee.
|Room Sizes – Main Floor|
|Music/Youth Rm:||1015 sq. ft.||60|
|Pre-School Rm:||800 sq. ft.||25|
|Field House||6100 sq. ft.||100|
|Room Sizes – Upper Level|
|Dance Studio 1:||975 sq. ft.||60|
|Dance Studio 2:||740 sq. ft||43|
|Fitness Centere:||700 sq. ft.||43|
|Walking Track:||2500 sq. ft.||60|
Canalta Field House
- 6100 sq. ft.
- Full sized regulation court for basketball and volleyball
- Cross court for badminton and volleyball
- Space is suitable for: recreational sport use, group exercise classes, physical activities for all ages
- Maximum occupants: 100
- The Field House may be rented for private functions. Rental Rates & Fees
|Effective 2017||Drop in Fee|
|Youth (6-17 years)||$2.25|
|Adult (18-64 years)||$5.50|
|Senior (65+ years)||$4.50|
*must include 1 adult and the children must be from the adult’s family
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Large gathering area with seating for casual use
- Elevated ceiling to second level
- Space is suitable for: gathering spot or small group functions in conjunction with use of field house where food may be served.
- Ladies and Gentlemen washrooms are located on the main floor – Sponsored by Enerplus
- Change rooms are on the main floor, each equipped with a large private shower
- Both the main floor and second floor washrooms can accommodate wheelchairs but the second floor washroom is a larger design. Sponsored by Big Country Construction
- 800 sq. ft.
- Designated pre-school space for children play and programs
- Miniature washroom for children
- Access to coffee room/food preparation
- Internet access with large screen
- Space is suitable for Kiddies Korner Play School, pre-school programs and events
- Maximum occupants: 25
- 2 studios. 975 sq. ft & 740 sq. ft.
- Sport flooring suitable for a variety of dance classes
- Internet access with large screen
- Space is suitable for: dance classes, yoga, tai chi, low impact exercise or stretching.
- Maximum occupants: 60
- Service area restricted for user group purposes only
- Stainless steel dishwasher
- Basic supplies for general use
- Space suitable for: serving of prepared food such as cake, pizza, etc.
*Not a commercial kitchen for food preparation*
The coffee room can be rented in conjunction with another room rental. It is an additional $33.00
Chinook Financial Music & Youth Room
1015 sq. ft.
Acoustic treatment of ceiling for sound
Storage cabinets for program supplies and regular users
Designated Band storage area with outside access
Internet access with large screen
Space is suitable for: Band, chorus groups, musical jam sessions, youth activities, after school care, summer youth programming, small groups
Maximum occupants: 54
The Music and Youth room is available for private rentals. The rates are as follows:
Effective 2017 Youth/Family Adult (+GST) Hourly $38.50 $44.00 Day Rate (over 6 hours) $154.00 $165.00