Owned and operated by the Town of Hanna, this unique area offers a quiet outdoor experience with modern facilities.
Fox Lake Park and Helmer Dam Recreation Area is open from May 1 to September 30 annually.
- The park has modern wash rooms with coin operated, handicap accessible showers.
- Potable water is available on site.
- Sewage dump station on site.
- Firewood for sale on site – contact the campground manager.
- Playground equipment
- 2 hours of Wi-Fi is available for free. Additional time is available with a fee. See information regarding Wi-Fi at Town of Hanna facilities.
- Reservations are not accepted with the exception of the Owl’s Nest group camping area.
Group Camping Information (Sites 19-25 only)
- Group camping with a camp kitchen is available for larger functions or reunions at the Owl’s Nest group camping sites.
- The Owl’s Nest group site can accommodate up to 7 recreational vehicles.
- Power service is available.
- Reservations can be made by contacting the Town of Hanna Office during Office hours. The area can be pre-booked by pre-paying the appropriate fees.
- You will be able to cancel your reservation and receive a refund up to one month before the date, less a $50 administration fee. If the reservation is cancelled within 30 days of the reservation, there is no refund.
Fox Lake – Day Use Area Boating
- Beach camp kitchen available for day use
- Boat launch will accommodate smaller craft
- Floating dock
- Playground area with play structure
Helmer Dam – Day Use Area & Boating
- Stocked with rainbow trout through Alberta Fisheries and the Town of Hanna
- Non-motorized boats only
- Floating dock
- Fish cleaning station
- Portable beach volleyball kit is available from the campground attendant
- Bird watching
- Interpretive signage