Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Text Size

Does My Pet Need a License?

Dogs three months or older must be licensed annually with the Town of Hanna. It is a bylaw requirement that all domestic animals in Hanna be licensed with the Town. Pet owners are not permitted to house more than two dogs over the age of 3 months unless they posses a Town of Hanna Dog Fanciers License.

Licensing your dog license could play a critical role in identifying your pet should it become lost. These tags aid the authorities in quickly identifying an animal for return to its own owner when it is lost and found wandering the streets of our community by either the Animal Control Officer or concerned citizens.

The Town understands that from time to time pets do inadvertently get out of their owners yard by various means. This can be dangerous for both the pet and innocent bystanders. The dog tag identification allows for quick and safe return of the animal - often without associated fines.

Dog owners shall provide the Town with the following information with each application for a dog license:

Name, street address and telephone number of owner; name and description of the dog or cat to be licensed; proof of current rabies and immunizations; proof of spaying or neutering if applicable; and other information as may be required with respect to the application. In exchange, you will receive an identification tag that must always be displayed on the animal's collar (this includes animals that have a microchip identification implant). This tag cannot be transferred to another animal.

You can purchase or renew a pet license from reception at the Town Office.

Our Community