The tennis club was one of the earliest sport clubs to be formed in Hanna. It began when interested players formed the club in July of 1913 with a tournament against Coronation. New courts were opened during the week of June 3, 1920. The courts were located north of a ball diamond on the north side of Second Avenue. Mr. H.C. Sim who leased the land allowed the club to build and fence a portion of his land for courts. There were three cinder courts built for the club members use. The club anticipated a successful season projecting a membership list of fifty or more due to the great display of enthusiasm in Hanna. However, no records found could validate their projection.
The present tennis courts are located beside the golf course. There are two asphalt courts available for the general public's use.
Text courtesy of The Hanna Herald