A leading sport in the Hanna Community is baseball which began with the first game played formally on Victoria Day, May, 1913. A baseball club was organized and a diamond built for the accasion. Every rural community had an organized baseball team and the leagues competed all summer. The Hanna Nine, then played in the now east industrial area.
In 1950 another ball diamond was secured through the cooperation of the town council. The diamond had an updated playing field, more room for parking cars, and another bleacher.
In 1951 a six team fastball league was running in Hanna and the older was updated.
In July 1958 a baseball game could be seen playing every Sunday and the four team Little League began operation.
In Hanna at present there are 6 diamonds; 2 located on the museum grounds and one behind the J.C. Charyk High School and three North of Fox Lake Trail at the Tri-Plex. With Hanna's growth, one can see the town recreation developing and taking shape. Recreation is now organized and planned. A brief survey of Hanna's recreational faciities past to present will enable one to see the progress made.
Text courtesy of the Hanna Herald