On April 2, 1959 the first ever Provincial Title (Agnew Trophy) was won against Edmonton and brought to Hanna by the Hanna Hornets Hockey Club. The club formed in 1952 - 53 and due to the lack of an organized Hanna hockey league the team played outside teams.
In 1980 the present curling rink and arena opened. This new complex is located south-west of the old curling rink. The old curling rink is now used for storage and for holding livestock during the Fall Fair and Rodeo. Presently Hanna has 10 organized adult hockey teams and a minor hockey league. The curling club has grown and is steadily using the new curling rink in season.
Text courtesy of The Hanna Herald