Phone Number: (403)-854-4433
Waste Site Phone Number: (403)-854-3308
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Saturday; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Residential garbage is collected weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on where you live in the Town of Hanna. Industrial and commercial garbage is collected as contracted.
Each household pays a bi-monthly fee for solid waste (on the utility bill) which entitles you to a collection of up to 3 bags of garbage per week. There is a standard sized bag limit (27" x 38"), at a cost of $18.00 bi-monthly.
Garbage Preparation Tips
- The Town of Hanna has a 3 bag per household limit for garbage collection.
- Garbage and waste must be drained and securely wrapped and properly tied. It must be in a container to protect it from animals or birds.
- Waste paper and cardboard must be tied in bundles and placed within or beside the garbage or waste receptacle for removal. Each bundle counts as a unit of garbage.
- Clippings, lawn cuttings, shrubs and trees are to be compacted and securely tied in bundles or placed in garbage cans or boxes and placed beside the waste receptacles. They cannot exceed 50 pounds (22.5kg) in weight or 1.5 meters (5 feet) in length. Again, each bundle, bag or box counts as a unit of garbage.
Garbage above the limit can be taken to the Hanna Waste Transfer Site at no charge. The Waste Transfer Site also has facilities for recycling.
If you have any questions regarding the utility billing, please contact the Town of Hanna Office.
Hanna residents have access to both the Waste Transfer Site and the Youngstown Landfill. Each site has regulations and lists prohibited materials. Please research the appropriate collection point before disposing of your refuse. * A bi-monthly fee of $33.00 is charged on residential utility bills to pay for the operation of the Big Country Regional Waste Authority.
For more information about the Waste Transfer Site and the Youngstown Landfill: Big Country Waste Management Commission.
Spring & Fall Clean-Up
Spring cleanup is typically done right after the May long weekend. People are encouraged to take their own yard waste and heavy items to the waste transfer site but for those who are unable, the Town conducts two annual cleanups to assist.
- Items must be in 4' (foot) sections, bundled or in bags to be picked up.
- Loose branches, leaves and soggy cardboard will not be picked up.
- Any debris bundled and piles neatly beside the garbage cans will be picked up.
Fridge or Freezer Removal
- Leave your name, address and $20.00 for the Waste Disposal Site fee at the Town Office.
- Set the appliance beside your garbage.
The Hanna Waste Transfer Site has facilities for recycling of cardboard, paper, compost materials, electronics, glass, tin and paint. There are also containers for mixed paper, glass and tin in the parking lot at Super A.
If you have any questions regarding the utility billing, please contact the Town Office.