Address: 405 Fox Lake Trail East
Phone Number: 403-854-4573
Emergency Phone Number: 911
In 2009 Council determined that a new fire hall and training centre was required in order to meet the needs of the Hanna Fire Department.
Funds to construct the $1,550,000 facility were contributed by the Town of Hanna, Special Areas, the Province of Alberta (grant programs) and the Hanna Firefighters Association. Contributions of labour, equipment and earthwork by Special Areas, members of the Firefighters Association and Town forces significantly reduced overall costs for the project.
In April 2011, the new Fire Hall & Training Centre was officially opened. The dedicated men and women who volunteer countless hours of their time to train, practice and respond to emergencies in Hanna and surrounding areas now have a facility that provides:
- 10 vehicle bays to house Town and Special Areas emergency vehicles including pumpers, tankers, a personnel carrier, command truck, livestock incident response trailer, and environmental response trailer.
- Kitchen and classroom facilities to allow for local and regional training operations and debriefing sessions
- Adequate washroom and shower facilities for male and female fire fighters
- Storage and workspace areas
- A Fitness room with equipment purchased by the Firefighters Association, and
- A Museum area to showcase fire department memorabilia including the 1928 LaFrance and 1960 IHC fire engines.
Any adult that is interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter may email the Fire Chief to request an application form.