Through the year, the Town of Hanna has openings for employment or contract positions. All are posted on this website as well as through local media including the Hanna Herald.
Job Posting: Community Services Recreation Operator
Hours of Work: 40 hour work week, including some shift work, evenings and weekends.
Rate of Pay: $23.61 - $27.37 per hour
The Town of Hanna is seeking an individual for the position of a full time Recreation Operator 2 or Recreation Operator 3 to join our team in the Community Services Department.
The Community Services Department is responsible for several community facilities comprised of one ice skating arena, a 6 sheet curling rink, an outdoor swimming pool with waterslide, a multi-use facility, numerous parks and sport fields and a community centre. The facilities regularly host concerts, music events, trade shows, rodeos, conferences and large tournaments.
The Community Services Operators ensure that the Town of Hanna facilities are safe and clean.
- Ice surface and refrigeration plant maintenance, ice making, edging, changing glass and board repairs and recordkeeping;
- Maintenance and repair of Olympia for ice surface;
- Maintenance and repair of parks equipment – mowers, tractors, bobcat, etc.;
- Facility maintenance & repairs including painting, minor plumbing and electrical, cleaning, turf maintenance, working with various hand tools, monitoring public safety and security and snow removal;
- Janitorial maintenance;
- Special event setups and teardowns.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License;
- First Aid, CPR & WHMIS Certifications are preferred;
- Strong physical capability;
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques and requirements for the maintenance and upkeep of buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment;
- Strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
A detailed job posting and job description can be found on the Town of Hanna website at www.hanna.ca/employment
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to:
ATTN: Application – Community Services Operator
Town of Hanna Box 430
302 2nd Avenue West
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Closing date for applications is September 7, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
Please note that only those people to be interviewed will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.
Temporary or Seasonal Positions
- Campground Manager (filled for 2017)
- Public Works Department (filled for 2017 season)
- Visitor Information Centre Attendants (filled for 2017 season)
- Office Support (filled for 2017 season)
- Community Services Department (filled for 2017 season)
- Pool Cashier
- Summer Program Manager
- Summer Program Leaders
- Parks & Recreation Maintenance (Summer)
- Parks & Recreation Maintenance (Apr. - Oct)
Applications are welcome year round for the following positions:
Hanna's job market is strong! There are frequently great career opportunities in many different industries from trades to healthcare. There is a demand for all levels of positions from entry-level to senior positions that can be found through, the local newspapers, the Hanna Herald and The Coffee Break. The Career Centre at the Hanna Learning Centre also has a job board with staff trained to assist people with securing a job.