Through the year, the Town of Hanna has openings for employment or contract positions. All are posted on this website as well as through local media including the Hanna Herald.
Job Posting: Municipal Secretary 1
The Town of Hanna is seeking an individual for the position of Municipal Secretary 1. This position requires an efficient and effective administrative support person.
The Administration department of the Town of Hanna is responsible for implementing the policies approved by Council, as well as the prompt and proper handling of all requests, inquiries and complaints by the public.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the secretary would be responsible for:
- Front office reception duties including telephone and customer service
- Cash receipting, day end balance and night deposit preparation
- Utility system maintenance including record keeping, invoicing and collection
- Mail distribution
- Customer service skills are essential
- Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing
- Experience with a variety of office equipment would be an asset
- Knowledge of municipal operations and the Town of Hanna would be an asset
The position is based on a 35 hour work week (Monday to Friday). The salary grid for this position is $44,313 - $51,371 with a comprehensive benefit package.
Please note that only those people to be interviewed will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter and a list of work related references by Mail, Fax or Email to the attention of:
Rhonda Lund, Director of Corporate Services
302 – 2nd Avenue West
Box 430 Hanna, Alberta T0J 1P0
Fax Number: 403-854-2772
Temporary or Seasonal Positions
- Campground Manager (filled for 2017)
- Public Works Department (filled for 2017 season)
- Visitor Information Centre Attendants (filled for 2017 season)
- Office Support (filled for 2017 season)
- Community Services Department (filled for 2017 season)
- Pool Cashier
- Summer Program Manager
- Summer Program Leaders
- Parks & Recreation Maintenance (Summer)
- Parks & Recreation Maintenance (Apr. - Oct)
Applications are welcome year round for the following positions:
Hanna's job market is strong! There are frequently great career opportunities in many different industries from trades to healthcare. There is a demand for all levels of positions from entry-level to senior positions that can be found through, the local newspapers, the Hanna Herald and The Coffee Break. The Career Centre at the Hanna Learning Centre also has a job board with staff trained to assist people with securing a job.