The mission of the Town of Hanna Community Services Department is to promote a quality lifestyle for all citizens in the community.
The Community Services Department, guided by the Community Services Board, under the direction of Council, endeavors to provide the highest quality of services and the best facilities to the community while balancing our responsibilities to the user and the taxpayer.
The Director of Community Services oversees the Department, which includes a Community Services Foreman, Community Services Programmer, three full time parks and recreation staff and one part time administrative staff member. Seasonal staff for the parks, swimming pool and summer fun program expands the workforce significantly throughout the spring and summer.
|The Community Services Department Serves Several Functions
► Facilitates the development of recreation and cultural programs and facilities, including the development, operation and maintenance of parks and open spaces. The following facilities are part of the Community Services Department. You can click on each one to view additional information.
► Coordinates Family and Community Support Services (FCS) and is responsible for seeing that the mandate of this organization is carried out in our community. Programs and services that support families and children are important in building strong communities. Hanna FCSS provides support to the following services:
- Hanna Youth Club
- Summer Fun Program(Day camp for 5-12 year olds)
- Family Resource Worker Program
- Community Services Vans
- Handicap Van Program
- Volunteer Appreciation Programs
- Seniors Programs
- Healthy Families Program
- Canada Day Celebrations
- The Learning Centre - Community Program Guide
- Interagency Support Meetings
- Tools for School Donation
- Coats for Kids Program
- Red Rose Campaign during Family Violence Awareness Month
► Works with Committees & Community Groups, including but not limited to:
- Minor Hockey
- Hanna Figure Skating Club
- Minor Ball Association
- Minor Soccer Association
- Adult Slo-pitch & Adult Recreational Hockey
- Hector King-Hunter Pioneer Park Association
- Hanna Historical Society
- Stage Hanna
- Hanna Community Band
|General Program Statements
- Community Services will, first and foremost, assist and encourage groups to meet their own needs.
- Community Services will provide programs directly only when groups are unable to provide for themselves.
- Community Services will take a pro-active role in coordinating community resources and promoting preventative services.
- Community Services will focus on facilitating leadership training and coordinating special events which promote community spirit.